Why should I choose Microtest Laboratories to perform my disinfectant validation study?
- Microtest is a high-quality laboratory that has been performing microbiological work for more than 25 years.
- Our specialized microbiology group possesses years of experience performing qualification work on many different surface types using a wide range of disinfectants.
- Microtest has an internal collection of ATCC organisms ready for use onsite, plus the ability to identify and cryopreserve client environmental isolates.
Tube Dilution Method
- For clients with new facilities with little or no environmental trending history.
- Utilizes ATCC strains and some environmental isolates, where applicable.
- Isolates are directly inoculated into the desired concentration of disinfectant being tested.
- Studies of this sort allow a facility to begin production with some assurance that their disinfectants can kill specific microorganisms of concern.
- Initial screening of disinfectants does not validate that they are effective on hard surfaces.
- For established facilities with environmental programs and trending.
- Coupons are prepared from the actual surfaces present in the client's clean room environment.
- The disinfectants are sprayed on the surfaces using the method and contact time that are captured in the client's cleaning procedures.
- To ensure implementation of a proper disinfection program, the FDA recommends the use of the facility's environmental isolates. However ATCC organisms may be used as well.
- Quantity of surface materials found in your facility
- Quantity of environmental isolates/ATCC strains to be utilized in study
- Quantity of disinfectants to be challenged against in study
- Quantity of time-points to be challenged in the study (time disinfectant sits on a given surface)